Thursday, January 21, 2010

The truth. Is that I haven't done P90X for a whole week! What happened here? Well, the weekend and then I kind of lost my drive. It's terrible, I know. I did do a Biggest Loser 30 day shred on Monday but it was easy compared to P90X.

I've been thinking a lot about the half marathon. I really need to start training for it. So I think I may tweak my exercise plan a little bit so I'm not doing P90X everyday but maybe every other day so I can run every other day. My goal this year is to run the half marathon. P90X was something I wanted to with Danny to help us be motivated and get healthy.

I do have to say that our eating habits have changed tremendously, and for the better! We eat a lot more vegetables, hardly anything that's processed and are enjoying new recipes. Speaking of which, I made whole wheat nlueberry muffins last night. They are delicious and very easy to make! Here is the recipe. I think you should try it!

2/3 c sugar
1/3 c butter
1 egg
1/4 c Flax meal
1/4 c honey
1 c skim milk
2 c wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 c drained blueberries or fresh blueberries (I used canned and they were still way yummy)

Cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and mix well. Add flax meal, honey and milk. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Try other fruits for other tasty muffins!

Makes: 1 dozen

By: Lori Russell, Straight from the kitchen

No comments: