Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Food today

Okay so I'm sticking to my word and I'm going to post what I ate today but I'm not happy about it...

Breakfast: Cheerios with milk
Snack: 2 brownies, a mint cookie, some other type of cookie, chips and salsa
Lunch: spaghetti with meat sauce (leftovers) and one white fudge covered oreo
Dinner: (At Famous Dave's for my grandmas b-day) 4 ribs, a couple bites of brisket(not my fav)5 apple slices in cinnamon sauce, four spoonfuls of potato salad, 1/2 cup of beans, one cornbread muffin (which I'm sure had so many calories!!).
Snack/Dessert: One twin cherry popsicle

Okay so I'm embarrassed, seriously. But it is making me aware of what I'm eating and that I don't want to eat like this anymore! SO, like Nat and Lisa I 'm going to start writing down what I'm going to eat the day before.

A great website, if you're going off the food pyramid, is mypyramid.gov. It has a menu planner that will tell you how many calories and how much of each food group you've had. It has great links to articles about food and getting in shape. It also gives great ideas to liven up your everyday food choices. I think I will be using this but also checking my nutrient levels with some software I got with one of my nutrition classes to make sure I'm getting enough . Good luck everyone!

I haven't worked out yet today and it's 8:10 pm. It's not looking too good. I want to do 2-a-days but I don't know if I can get up that early...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Girl, those white fudge covered Oreo's are to DIE for!!! SOOOO yummy! Don't worry about one bad day!! We have ALL had those! It really has been effective for me to post what I am eating so I have to report to someone. Ya know?? SO keep up the good work!