Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Half-Marathon stats and what I'm doing now
The half-marathon was crazy to say the least! Everything was going great until around mile 9 or 10. We were at liberty park and I stopped running to get a drink and my left knee started killing me! Sharp pains were no fun and happened every time I moved it. I worked through the pain though and my sister and I finished in 2 hrs 14 min and 47 sec (not sure on the sec, but who's counting?) I ended up with 2 blisters on my right foot and my body was VERY sore later that day (and I helped host a baby shower for my sister!). On Sunday I was doing a little better and managed to function as a Nursery worker in my ward. After a week I was feeling normal again. And after two weeks I finally ran again! It felt really good to run. now, here we are 2 1/2 weeks later and I haven't been doing much but the occasional walk. Ahh, oh well. I knew this would happen and that I needed a break afterward but I'm definitely ready to start exercising on a regular basis again. I've got to lose my baby weight before I get pregnant again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment