Yep, I ran ten miles on Friday! It was hard. We (my sis & I) ran 5 miles then took some gu (one each) then we ran some more until about 7 miles and I hit the wall! It was terrible. I felt like I couldn't go anymore. So we walked for a couple minutes until we got to 8 miles and then took another gu each. We ran some more and by the time we were done with our run I was on fire! I had SO much energy. I felt so good. I felt like I could run another few miles still. So, it was a good trial run for the half-marathon which is in 2 weeks!! I think for the half I will take the gu at 3 miles, 6 miles, and then see if I need another at 9 miles. The gu seemed to take a little longer to work than I thought it would. Anyway, so things are going good, still on track. And I'll be honest in that I can't wait for this to be over. I just feel so much pressure to perform! It'll be nice to walk during the week and run just one day a week.
I hope everyone else is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment