Thursday, January 5, 2012

11 days post partum

Well, here I am! My little boy is 11 days old and as cute as can be! I am feeling so great besides major sleep deprivation and thought it would be good to document my weight for fun for the next 5 weeks while I can't exercise.

I went all the way up to 168 and when I got home from the hospital I was 160 (3 days post)

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was 154.5 so that's 13.5 lost and about 8.5 to go if I'm going to be back to 146ish like I was right before I got pregnant.

I'm not going to diet right now but I am amazed at how self conscious I already feel about my body. Sometimes I feel like pregnancy was a get out of jail free card because I didn't have to worry about how I looked or if I was having a "fat day" because I was pregnant! I feel like people are already judging my stomach and the rest of my body. I don't have that safety of being pregnant. Now if someone saw me they could just think I was a chubby mom. Don't worry, I wont let other people determine how I feel about myself. But I am noticing the stigma out there that there is so much pressure on women to look thin, even after just having a baby.

So, for the next 5 weeks I am just going to relax with my kids and heal from having a baby and then maybe I'll start to exercise ; )

No comments: